Sunday, April 17, 2011

Legend of the GREY Dragon = ANGRY face~!!!


So I do not expect a lot of you to know what it is that I am talking about...but Legend of the Grey Dragon is something that has made me quite bitter towards all-text RPG's. I for one...am a gamer girl who roleplays. My roleplaying career started when I joined what was called "Legend of the Green Dragon" on lotgd.com ---
The server was once host to a Green Dragon all-text RPG with strict rules and regulations on how you had to play. For one, you could only create a character if you could give a valid e-mail address which they would send a link to.
Also, you had to be a certain age to play. Once you got in-game, you could not travel to other worlds until you had gotten your first kill of the Green Dragon and etc, etc, etc. The world was not at all friendly towards noobies like me...and I often found myself getting deleted. Well, then a friend of mine told me about another Green Dragon server. This one was called Lotgd.net <---(obviously different domain ending than .com).
http://www.lotgd.net/ Was not as strict on its rules of play...also, not as strict when it came to creating characters. Also, I found that the atmosphere was lighter and more friendly, and in no time, I was hooked on the game and was learning how to role-play as my elven-character.

Anyways...long-story-short...awhile ago, I wanted to go back to the .COM server to create a new character and try and make a name for myself. But, when I went back to the server...it would turn out that not only was the Green Dragon gone from the site...they had 2-new games: "Legend of the GOLD Dragon" and "Legend of the GREY Dragon".

Well the GOLD server had players...but was cut-off from all access. Strangely enough, the GREY server could still be accessed so I made a character. The format is weird. You are playing as Saxon's Nomads, things from human-history. There are no fantasy creatures, EXCEPT the Dragon itself, and exp is gained the same (through fighting in the forest).
But the town Square has different sections and each section holds different areas of venture. To get armor and/or weapons you must go to one place, enter a different build, then pick the shop, only to get sent back to the main village and have to go the same route again to get to the other shop which was in the same building. Instead of getting waylaid by traveling, you are struck by lightning, robbed, and everything else before making it to your destination, and its all sorts of messed up.
And the F.A.Q. is taken from the original servers of the Green Dragon, so they do not match with the game play of the Grey Dragon at all.

I have finally gotten it all figured out (though I died twice)...but all-in-all this version just makes me angry and gets me frustrated. I will eventually write about my life in the Green Dragon Servers, but until then I'm going to do my best to get the hang of this Grey Dragon and then make that world my own. Sound good?


No comments:

Post a Comment